- Customer Login
- Kitchen Pictures
- Kitchen Cabinets, Cupboards, Drawers, Units
- Kitchen Doors and Drawer Fronts
- Kitchen Worktops
- Kitchen Storage
- Handles, Hinges, Hardware
- Samples and Swatches
- Bedroom Pictures
- Bedroom Wardrobes, Cupboards, Drawers
- Hinged Wardrobe Doors
- Sliding Wardrobe Doors
- Bedroom Furniture
- Bedroom Storage
- Handles, Hinges, Hardware
- Samples and Swatches
- Home Office
Help & Advice
- How to use this site
- Getting Started
- Questions & Answers
- Door Finishes
- Delivery Information
- Product Information
- Find a Fitter
- Technical Tips
- About Us
- Contact Us
This is DIY Homefit's test and development website - please do not buy from it. Please click here to go to diyhomefit.co.uk.
|Any number of Samples||£10.00|
|Any number of Handles
|Any number of Sliding Doors||£50.00|
|Any number of Worktops||£50.00|
|Any number of Carcasses||£60.00|
|All Other Products:|
|Total value up to £150||£10.00|
|Total value over £150||£20.00|
Our products are typically heavy, bulky and cumbersome. This then presents quite a problem for all involved!
We work closely with our manufacturers to try to minimize the problems associated with delivery and would like to share with you the ways to ensure that the delivery doesn’t become a nightmare.
Door and Hardware Orders
Doors and related products and some hardware orders are delivered by courier, a process with which most people are familiar; however, there are a few key things to remember:
- The goods we sell are valuable and vulnerable so must always be signed for; they cannot be left in the garden or in the garage in the absence of a signature.
- The packaging must be examined for signs of damage and if there is any it must be noted at time of receipt - just sign “DAMAGED” in the signature box on the electronic device - this is normally not an issue for the courier - he just wants to get on to the next delivery. If possible open the packages to check the products for damage. If the courier can’t wait then sign “DAMAGED – DRIVER WON’T WAIT”.
- Do not refuse delivery of damaged goods as we will need photographic evidence in order for us to supply a replacement. Please inspect the delivered goods and inform us within 24 hours of delivery if the goods are damaged - courier companies have a time-limit for accepting claims for transit damage.
- Signing to say 'UNCHECKED' is taken by the courier companies to signify that you have decided not to check the packaging and therefore you accept responsibility for any transit damage.
- If you have instructed that they be left with a neighbour the packaging must still be checked for damage and signed for as above.
- Most courier companies are unable to give a delivery time and we cannot always guarantee a specific day.
- Non-delivery results in delay, frustration and increases the risk for damage.
Carcasses, Sliding Doors and Worktop Orders
These orders are normally delivered by specialized transport, this minimizes any chance of damage and we can often be more precise about time of delivery. However, this service is designed for deliveries to the trade and commercial premises so, in addition to the points above there are additional procedural and practical requirements:
- Deliveries may be made between 7am and 5 pm
- Carcass products are supplied rigid and fully assembled (except for the taller cupboards and wardrobes which are supplied unassembled). Deliveries are usually by factory transport directly from the factory, which virtually eliminates the opportunity for damage and which allows us to reduce the amount of packaging required.
- Sometimes carcasses may be delivered on pallets, which will be kerbside delivery only.
- Sliding doors are supplied fully assembled directly from the manufacturer.
- When your order is ready to be delivered we or our carriers will contact you with a delivery date.
- It is a requirement that you ensure that someone is available to help the driver off-load if necessary.
- It is very important that the goods are handled safely and without damage to the goods, property or the people handling them so you must ensure there is clear passage for the delivery of goods from the kerbside to your premises. We cannot accept liability for any injury caused to you or damage caused to the structure or contents of your premises in the lifting of goods into those premises.
- All deliveries are ground floor only unless agreed by prior arrangement.
- Access for a large (fire engine sized) truck is required for worktop deliveries - we are unable to deliver worktops to addresses accessed by a single-track road.
- Although worktop delivery is to kerb side only, our drivers, where practical and reasonable and where safety is not compromised, will endeavour to assist you with worktops into secure dry premises. However, we cannot assist in the case of difficult access, stairways or where underfoot conditions are treacherous.
Delivery times can vary depending on the product and the production lead-times when the order is placed and is typically 2 to 3 weeks but can be up to 5 weeks in particularly busy periods. We will give you an indication of expected delivery time as soon as we can and we will update you as it becomes more definite. In all cases we will endeavour to keep you informed of any unexpected delays, as we are notified by the manufacturer. Deliveries can only be made on weekdays.
Depending upon the complexity of your order we may deliver in several drops as different manufacturers and production runs may be involved. When each part of your order is ready to be delivered we or our carriers will contact you with a delivery date for that particular part. As all deliveries require a signature it is essential that you or your representatives are available to accept delivery. Deliveries will only be made to the agreed delivery address and all deliveries are to ground floor only.
If a carrier is unable to complete the delivery because, for instance, there was no help available for heavy items or that there was no one in to receive the goods then further attempted deliveries will have to be paid for.
It is a condition of sale that you dispose of all packaging materials including pallets etc. and we would ask that you do so in accordance with re-cycling best practices.
A minimum delivery of 4 or 5 units is usually required and there are some delivery region restrictions. If you require less than 4 or 5 units we may still be able to supply you if our carcass manufacturer can combine your order with other deliveries in your area. Please contact us to discuss this.
Deliveries to some areas (e.g. Northern Scotland and Islands, Cornwall and Devon) may incur additional charges, please contact us for clarification.
Although we do not offer a delivery service to the Channel Is. many of our customers have had deliveries direct to shipping agents who have handled the export, shipping and paperwork necessary for the VAT refund.
Isle of Wight and Isle of Man
Deliveries of doors and door products to the Isle of Wight and Isle of Man are subject to a surcharge of £30
Unfortunately we are unable to directly deliver carcasses to the islands. However, they can be delivered to the south coast for onward shipping via a UK port based Shipping Agent.